Complete Enterprise ERP Suite
Nowadays, as 10 years Challenge trending on Market, So here some glimpse of How Odoo(OpenERP) Improved a lot in 10 years from TinyERP to OpenERP and Now Top Trending Open Source ERP Odoo.
Around in 2009, TinyERP (OpenERP) near to put his foot in Market, and just launched it's new version OpenERP 5.0 in April 2009 to make it's one more step ahead in the world of ERP.
Let's start with beginning so the readers who heard the word OpenERP first time they can understand it easily.
The next release of TinyERP comes up with a new change (Important change) is that the name TinyERP was changed to OpenERP after 3 years in 2009. The version was still continued with new name OpenERP and it was released as OpenERP 5.0.
In 2014, the name Odoo (On Demand Open Object) was first used in the version, Odoo 8.0.
After this release Odoo continuously releasing the new version in the October month every year. Currently, Odoo has 12.0 as the latest version and provides official support till Odoo 10.0. So, we try to accept's and describe the 10-year challenge for Odoo.
Before 10 years, Odoo is known as the OpenERP and had OpenERP 5.0 as the latest version. Below is the comparison of OpenERP 5.0 to the latest version Odoo 12.0
|Improvement Area||OpenERP V5.0||Odoo V12.0|
|What’s New||TinyERP change name from TinyERP to OpenERP around in April 2009 with its new version OpenERP 5.0.||Today Odoo has:|
1. Document Management module for storing, uploading documents.
2. Adds IoT-devices module to support and connect every device to Odoo using Odoo’s IOT Box.
3. Odoo adds multi-website support.
4. Keyboard shortcuts accessible 5) Odoo chatbot to automatic replying using Artificial Intelligence.
5. Support for right to left languages.
6. Clean Mobile and web responsive UI
7. Enhanced features with Odoo Studio, CMS, Documents, Online Accounting
|Usability & Productivity||Slower Performance compares to a newer version, Need to scroll for searching or Navigate operations.||Today Odoo has 3X faster User Interface.|
Easy Shortcut access for menus.
Drag and drop support for document management.
Odoo has a clean design, new theme, new views, and layouts.
|Versions||OpenERP 5.0||Odoo 12.0 Community Edition,|
Odoo 12.0 Enterprise Edition.
|Technical Improvements||GTK Client Base UI||Clean Web and Mobile Responsive UI|
|Support Older Python versions ||Support Latest Python 3 versions|
|Old fashioned API structure and bit complex coding methods||New And Simple API and coding structure.|
|1. The OpenERP 5.0, Needs GTK Web Client to run the application.|
2. OpenERP did not have a dashboard view, in detail analytical view.
3. OpenERP had limited accounting features
|1. Built-in web interface, not need an external client.|
2. Odoo has a new Dashboard view new analytical functionalities.
3. Odoo 12 has advanced accounting and also has online accounting. we can integrate external accounting software's to Odoo and management accounting.
|App List||Limited apps with core functionalities||Very strong lists of Potential apps. |
|Under Software License||1. GPL V3.0|
2. OpenERP Web Client License
|1. The community is under new LGPLv3|
2. Enterprise Edition is licensed under the Odoo Enterprise Edition License v1.0
3. Odoo Apps by Odoo SA (including the website themes) are published under the Odoo Proprietary License v1.0
|Android & IOS Apps||Not Support for Android & iOS Apps||Support for Android & iOS Apps|
Caret IT is one of the finest Odoo services & Odoo Implementation provider company, which offers end to end Odoo implementation, Odoo customization, and user training.
You will definitely get the best business management solution ideas with us. We own a whole squad of talented Odoo developers who are always ready to help you out to overcome all kind of business queries.
Just share your business requirements with us and we will provide a complete business management system with all the necessary functionalities in it.
We cater all the scales of businesses from small to large. Our services bring change and efficiency in the management system of the profession.
It saves the time of the company owners and allows them to take the new risks to enhance the business to a great height.